This Majorette fabric haunted me from the shelf in my sewing room until I did something with it.
The pattern I eventually went with was Vogue 8789 view A - only because I wanted to use part of the border print across the neckline.
I'll be honest, I wasn't very happy with the fit of this (similar to when I made View B last year) - it took a lot of tweaking to get the fit right. I don't think I would use this pattern again.
I am really happy with how the belt turned out though - using a proper belt kit from the 60s.
- Small sway-back adjustment
- Deepened the darts on the back neck
- Shortened the under bust darts to avoid pointy boob
- Added darts on the front neckline - there's no way this thing was laying flat!
- Hand pleated skirt instead of gathers
- Bust 16, graded out to 20 waist.
Overall, I can't wait to wear this during summer! Green is one of my favourite colours and it's really easy to match bakelite to the colours in dress :).
Dress - Vogue 8789
Bakelite bangles - Etsy
Bamboo Bag - Southern Antiques Centre
Brooch - eBay
Shoes - Miss L Fire Harlow