The pattern is Simplicity 1212, a pinafore-dress from 1944. Not much to look at, but very easy and very comfortable.
Did I mention the pattern has little pockets?
The fabric is an adorable christmas border print, with 'Merry Christmas' in different languages written across the white background. I was really lucky to nab this on eBay, and had plans for a gathered skirt (similar to last year's Christmas outfit) but there was just over three yards...
Hmm... A frantic search through my pattern collection came up with Simplicity 1212, and I was sure with some careful laying out and mods it should work.
- Added half an inch to each side at the waist
- Cut the back on a fold to elimate the facing needed (save fabric), and...
- Added side zipper so I can get into it!
- Shortened the length of the underbust dart to avoid pointy boobs
- Drafted a facing for the neck instead of using bias
- Used leftover red hem fabric on the back belt tie as I was running out of fabric
Really happy! I would definitely use this pattern again. It's very comfortable to wear and will be great for Christmas day when I'm running around cooking.
- Dress - Simplicity 1212, me!
- Shoes - Miss L Fire Norma
- Bakelite bracelets and earring - Etsy, various
- Bakelite brooch - GingerJindo , Etsy
- Hairflower - Diva