I came so close to frogging this jumper after I had knit all the pieces as it didnt look like I'd imagined - five months work down the drain.
Thankfully, Jakk convinced me to sew it together and try it on with the right skirt before giving it up.
The pattern is the Bell-Patterned Jumper from Stitchcraft January 1944 - and I promise to post the pattern for it tomorrow. I made the large size (to fit 38-40 inch bust).
The yarn is my favourite - Spotlight Gelato (cotton/microfibre blend? The horror!). Its cheap, comes in great colours and wears really well for the Australian climate. I wore the jumper all day yesterday and didn't overheat once. And it doesn't pill!
It wasn't the ideal choice for this jumper (I realise now), the body of the jumper rises up an inch when I wear it, and i'm fairly sure that wool would be more forgiving. Mental note, my ideal jumper length from the armpit is 13 inches.
Nothing major. The only difference to the pattern was casting off the neck edges and knitting up the ribbing (instead of doing it as one piece) - I like a firmer neckline.
When I seamed the shoulders together I left one side open for a couple of inches, and crocheted some loops for button holes. I used three glass buttons from my stash.