Finally, proof that I did indeed finish the lime-green checkered dress for Checkerball. (also, how cute is Cowboy? She wore leather pants, leather braces and a tartan tie *heart flutters*)
The details: I used Simplicity 3673 (the vintage reproduction) and a Burda pattern (eep, can't remember, but its about 4 years old) for the cross over bust. I added 8 inches to the shirt flare as I thought it could use more, and made the waist/bust as close to my natural measurements as I could - maybe 1/2inch of ease, maximum. I knew the cross-bust of the dress would be forgiving enough for that, and I wanted a really tight waist.
I also folded down approx 1 inch in the waist (a petite adjustment) as it looked too long in the pattern photo.
The back of the bodice pattern was princess seamed, so I converted it to shoulder and back darts to better match with the darts in the skirt.
The entire dress took about 3m of gingham, matching the checks and all, and used cream poplin for the lining. (the fabric was on sale, so the whole thing cost me $30). The belt is pale pink chambray with a self covered belt buckle.
This dress is amazing. I wore it again on Sunday at the Rock and Roll Markets in Tempe, and got so many great comments (thats the last photo, with my new hat from the Vintage Fair).
I will definately use the skirt pattern again, and probably just change the bust designs for variety.